The jet ski accidents lawyers at the Miami personal injury law firm of Baron & Herskowitz have experience defending the rights of individuals injured in personal water craft accidents. Jet skis and other personal watercraft are a fun and exciting way to enjoy Miami’s waters, but they can also be very dangerous and thousands of riders are injured or killed each year in jet ski accidents. What’s more, the fact that jet skis afford very little structural protection to riders often means that injuries sustained in jet ski accidents are catastrophic in nature. If you or someone you love has sustained injury or even suffered wrongful death as a result of a jet ski accident, you could be entitled to compensation for physical, emotional, and financial damages in a jet ski accident lawsuit.
Negligence leading to Jet Ski Accidents
In a jet ski accident lawsuit, claims are often based upon allegations of negligence on the part of one or more parties. There are four elements which must be proved in a successful jet ski negligence lawsuit:
- Duty: It must be made clear that the allegedly negligent party had a responsibility or duty to act with a reasonable amount of care.
- Breach: Through either the commission of an act or through omission, the defendant must be proven to have breached this duty.
- Causation: It must be shown that the defendant’s conduct or negligence was the cause of the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Damages: To build a successful jet ski accident claim, an attorney must be able to show that the defendant’s negligence caused injury to the plaintiff.
Jet Ski Accident Injuries
Jet skis offer little protection to riders, and the high speeds at which they travel and the fact that many recreational jet ski riders fail to wear helmets means that injuries sustained during jet ski accidents can be wide-ranging and very serious in nature. As personal injury lawyers representing residents of Miami and surrounding areas for years, the most common types of jet ski accident injuries we see include:
- Head or traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limb
- Neck injuries
Contact a Miami Jet Ski Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a jet ski accident, a lawyer from the Miami firm of Baron & Herskowitz can help you pursue just financial compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation costs, and even permanent disfigurement. To learn more about plaintiffs’ rights in jet ski accident lawsuits, contact us to schedule a legal consultation with an experienced member of our team.