Get Help From Kendall Car Accident Lawyers
Victim of a car accident in the Kendall area of Miami? We can help!
If you or someone you love is seriously injured in – or is killed in – an auto accident that you believe was caused by someone else’s negligence, contact the law firm of Baron & Herskowitz. Our personal injury lawyers represent individuals and families in motor vehicle accident claims in Kendall and across the state of Florida.
The need for car wreck lawyers in Kendall is more common than people believe
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) latest statistics on Florida car accidents is from 2017. During that time, there were over 400,000 car accidents involving more that 686,000 people. As car accident lawyers in Kendall, we know that many of these accidents happen locally – with many happening with 10 miles of our office at on S Dadeland Blvd near Dadeland Mall.
The reason that lawyers are needed by people who were in a car accident is that so many accidents are caused by negligent drivers. What does that really mean? Essentially, it means the other driver failed to take proper care in driving their vehicle – and that lack of care or attention led to the accident. Their mistake caused the accident and you or a family member were hurt.
And the reality is that car wreck injuries in Kendall can be devastating, debilitating and can potentially impact your health for the rest of your life. Sometimes we forget the power of a 3,000 pound car and the damage or injury it can cause. Poor or negligent driving can change the course of a person’s life in an instant – or end it.
What do Kendall car accident lawyers do for you?
If you’ve suffered broken limbs, internal injuries, whiplash, herniated disks or a variety of other personal injuries – you’re going to need medical attention. Going to the hospital, having surgery, seeing doctors and specialists and going through rehabilitation or therapy is costly. You can easily pile up thousands of dollars of medical bills Should you be on the hook for those medical bills – or should the negligent driver? The negligent driver and their insurance company should be.
Leading Causes of Auto Accidents
Common causes of automobile accidents include:
- Negligent driving
- Drinking and driving
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Poor road conditions
- Failing to use turn signals
- Violating the Florida “move over law” when approaching an emergency vehicle
- Poor weather conditions
- Aged drivers who should no longer be behind the wheel
- Driving too closely to the car in front of you, especially during bad weather
- Failure to properly position mirrors
- Lack of courtesy
- Obstacles falling onto the roadway from another vehicle
- A moving object in the car (something falling from a seat, for example)
- Smoking and driving such as trying to light a cigarette or dropping one
Many distractions cause negligent driving. Some examples of these are:
- A lady putting makeup on while driving
- A man shaving while driving
- Eating or drinking while driving
- A driver distracted by friends in the car
- A person talking or texting on his or her cell phone (studies have shown that people using cell phones while driving are four times more likely to get in an accident)
- Failure to check mirrors or look behind you when moving into another lane to pass
- Fiddling with the radio buttons
- Trying to read a map or instructions while driving
Talk to a Kendall Car Accident Lawyer Today
Were you or a loved one hurt in an auto accident caused by another person’s negligence? Perhaps they were drinking, failed to grant the right of way, were talking or texting on a cell phone, or doing something else that led to the crash. Even if you are unsure of the cause, you should contact the Kendall car accident lawyers at Baron & Herskowitz. We will evaluate the details of your case to determine exactly what happened and why and will fight to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your case, contact us today.