If someone’s insurer won’t pay a personal injury claim, the result can be physically, emotionally and financially devastating. The loss of payment to cover the injury often affects the family as well as the person who has been hurt.
The types of personal injuries someone might suffer are unlimited. They can be from a number of incidents, such as:
Every circumstance involves its own kind of injury. There are as many types of settlements as there are injuries. Serious injuries are often associated with a number of costs. When an insurance company refuses to pay a claim, it can have devastating effects for the person and his or her family.
The Miami insurance dispute lawyers of Baron & Herskowitz are experienced in handling insurance disputes against insurance companies who refuse to legitimate pay personal claims. When you are injured, the last thing you want to deal with is insurance companies dragging their feet or giving you the run around. At Baron & Herskowitz, we understand that and serve as advocates for our clients so they can just focus on getting better.
Claims Involving Personal Injuries
Damages caused by personal injuries can be expensive. They include:
- Costs of doctors, hospital care, other health care professionals, treatment, rehabilitation, home health care or long-term care
- Costs associated with lifelong disability which might involve extended medical and health care, equipment such as a wheelchair or more sophisticated devices such as computer-assisted activities including movement, reading, writing, or speaking
- Disfigurement and associated costs
- Cost of replacing an automobile or other vehicle, including water-borne craft
- Loss of future wages and earning capacity
- Loss of potential profits from a growing business
- Loss of companionship or intimacy with a loved one
Damages can also include emotional pain and suffering. Someone suffering any of these losses can sue the person or company causing them. They also can take to court an insurance company who delays or denies payment of the claim.
If a lawsuit goes to trial, members of a jury need to consider some of the following when determining compensation. These include:
- The age of the victim
- His or her earning capacity before the injury or accident
- The victim’s mental and physical health
- The kind and extent of the injury or injuries
- The habits of the injured
- His or her nature
- Suffering and how long it continues or is expected to continue
Consult an Experienced Attorney in Miami
If you are having problems with an insurance company following a serious accident or injury, you can seek legal help from Baron & Herskowitz. We have experience in insurance disputes and will make sure you recover the money you need to move forward with your lives. To schedule a consultation, contact us today.