Sometimes we forget the power of a 3,000 pound car and the damage or injury it can cause. Poor or negligent driving can change the course of a person’s life in an instant, or end it.
If you or someone you love is seriously injured in or if your loved one is killed in an auto accident that you believe was caused by another’s negligence, contact the law firm of Baron & Herskowitz. Our personal injury lawyers represent individuals and families in motor vehicle accident claims in Miami and across the state of Florida.
Leading Causes of Auto Accidents
Common causes of automobile accidents include:
- Negligent driving
- Drinking and driving
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Poor road conditions
- Failing to use turn signals
- Violating the Florida “move over law” when approaching an emergency vehicle
- Poor weather conditions
- Aged drivers who should no longer be behind the wheel
- Driving too closely to the car in front of you, especially during bad weather
- Failure to properly position mirrors
- Lack of courtesy
- Obstacles falling onto the roadway from another vehicle
- A moving object in the car (something falling from a seat, for example)
- Smoking and driving such as trying to light a cigarette or dropping one
- Collisions or swerving to miss bicyclists
Many distractions cause negligent driving. Some examples of these are:
- A lady putting makeup on while driving
- A man shaving while driving
- Eating or drinking while driving
- A driver distracted by friends in the car
- A person talking or texting on his or her cell phone (studies have shown that people using cell phones while driving are four times more likely to get in an accident)
- Failure to check mirrors or look behind you when moving into another lane to pass
- Fiddling with the radio buttons
- Trying to read a map or instructions while driving
Talk to a Miami Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you or a loved one hurt in an auto accident caused by another person’s negligence? Perhaps they were drinking, failed to grant the right of way, were talking or texting on a cell phone, or doing something else that led to the crash. Even if you are unsure of the cause, you should contact the Miami car accident lawyers at Baron & Herskowitz. We will evaluate the details of your case to determine exactly what happened and why and will fight to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your case, contact us today.