Recent Case Results – Miami Personal Injury Law Firm
Baron & Herskowitz has a history of obtaining successful results for their clients in personal injury, medical malpractice, employment, insurance and civil rights claims through hard work, knowledge and dedication in a variety of cases.
Some of our recent cases and results include:
- Auto Negligence: a verdict for a 37 year old woman and her husband injured when struck from behind on the Florida Turnpike suffering a herniated discs and requiring a bilateral cervical fusion surgery.
- Class Action Involving Product Defect: we recovered a settlement for a class of individuals who were damaged by a manufacturer who sold televisions to the public with defective parts and failed to repair or replace the televisions.
- Disability Claim: we reached a settlement for the beneficiary of a disability policy by an insurance company that terminated disability benefits. Lawsuit resulted in restoration of all future benefits, including past payments.
- Class Action: we reached a settlement on behalf of physicians in the State of Florida when an HMO failed to properly and timely pay health-care providers.
- Truck Negligence: a wrongful death settlement for the family of a person who was killed in an accident caused by a tractor trailer that ran a red light.
- Insurance Claim: federal court settlement of a hurricane claim which had been denied by an insurance company.
- Hospital Negligence: settlement on behalf of a woman who suffered brain damage after being deprived of oxygen during a hospital procedure.
- Truck Negligence: wrongful death settlement on behalf of the surviving families of two people who were killed by a tractor trailer that was traveling too fast and jack knifed.
- Wrongful Death: we reached a settlement for the wrongful death of 67 year old man who died as a result of medical negligence. Discovery disclosed that the treating doctor had inadequate training with a machine that was not designed for treatment of pulmonary emboli.
- Auto Negligence: we reached a settlement for a 66 year old pedestrian who suffered a tibial plateau fracture after being struck by motor vehicle.
- Medical Malpractice: we recovered a settlement on behalf of a family in a case against a physician and hospital for failure to monitor blood pressure resulting in a stroke and subsequent vegetative state.
- Auto Negligence: settlement for family members for the death of their parents caused by a driver of a company vehicle crossing the roadway and striking their vehicle.
- Age Discrimination: we recovered a settlement after filing a claim on behalf of a client who was terminated from his job on the basis of his age.
- Lawyer Malpractice: settlement against a lawyer who was negligent in having a Will improperly signed causing it to be declared invalid.
- Medical Negligence: settlement against an oral surgeon who failed to properly diagnose and treat a tumor.
- Slip and Fall: settlement for a 50 year old who slipped and fell on cruise ship stairs and underwent spine surgery. Cruise ship denied claim and discovery showed that nonskid strip on stair was dangerous when wet.
- Nursing Home Neglect: we filed a claim and reached a settlement on behalf of the survivor of an elderly relative who was mistreated.
- Life Insurance Claim: settlement for the survivor against a life insurance company that failed to pay the beneficiary of the policy.
- Medical Negligence: settlement against a physician failed to diagnose breast cancer.
- Sexual Harassment: settlement for a woman was sexually harassed on the job.
- Nursing Home Neglect: we represented an elderly woman suffered unnecessary falls and a fractured hip.
- Pharmacy Negligence: settlement against a major pharmacy company for the misfiling of a prescribed medication by the pharmacist which caused serious injuries and hospitalization.
- Defective Product: settlement against several companies who assisted in the manufacture, distribution and quality control of a product which assists individuals who have received medical care in surgery.
- Pregnancy Discrimination: settlement on behalf of a former employee who was improperly discharged while 6 1/2 months pregnant.
- National Origin Discrimination: settlement reached on behalf of a former employee who was improperly discharged relating to our client’s National Origin and Race.
- Premises Liability: verdict reached for a client who fell and was injured because a restaurant failed to properly clean and monitor a well-traveled area in the restaurant.