Sepsis is a life-threatening condition that occurs when the body’s response to an infection injures its own tissues and organs. It can lead to shock, multiple organ failure, and death. Sepsis is a medical emergency that requires prompt diagnosis and treatment.
Signs and Symptoms of Sepsis
The signs and symptoms of sepsis can vary depending on the severity of the infection and the age of the person. However, some common signs and symptoms of sepsis include:
- Rapid heart rate
- Rapid breathing
- Confusion or disorientation
- Low blood pressure
- Skin rash
Sepsis is a preventable condition. The best way to prevent sepsis is to treat infections promptly and effectively. This includes antibiotics, antifungal medications, or antiviral medications, depending on the type of infection.
Medical Malpractice and Sepsis
In some cases, sepsis can be caused by medical malpractice. This can happen if a healthcare provider:
- Fails to diagnose an infection promptly
- Prescribes the wrong medication or the wrong dosage of medication
- Does not provide adequate follow-up care after an infection
Seeking Legal Help
If you or a loved one has suffered from sepsis, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. A medical malpractice lawyer can help you determine if you have a valid case and can guide you through the legal process.
How a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help
A medical malpractice lawyer can help you with the following:
- Investigating your case to determine if medical malpractice was a factor in your sepsis
- Gathering evidence to support your case
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Filing a lawsuit, if necessary
Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has suffered from sepsis, contact Baron, Herskowitz, and Cohenitz one of the best medical malpractice lawyers in Florida. A lawyer can help you understand your legal options and can help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a FREE consultation.