“Do I need to talk to a lawyer about a possible nursing home incident?”
It’ a common question that’s asked when someone suspects something is wrong at the Miami area nursing home or assisted living facility where a family member lives. And, quite honestly, if you’ve landed on this website page, it may mean something did happen and you’re looking for answers.
If so – we can help.
At Baron, Herskowitz, and Cohen, we’ve dealt with many nursing home abuse claims and lawsuits for clients here in Miami and across Florida. We also represent family members living outside of Florida.
Our goal is to quickly help you determine what happened, if an injury did occur, what legal rights you and your family member have and what the next steps should be.
Most often, we’re contact because a family member has noticed:
- A rapidly declining state of health
- Excessive or unexplained bruising
- Mysterious medical emergencies or trips to the hospital
- Suspected medication errors
- Injury that seems related to neglect or improper care
Or – a confirmed incident has occurred and you’ve been directed to speak with an attorney to explore your options.
At that point, other common questions that we’re asked include:
- Can I sue the nursing home?
- What rights does someone living in a nursing home have?
- How do I prove that my family member’s injury occurred because of abuse or improper care?
- Is there a statute of limitations for nursing home abuse claims?
- How long will a nursing home abuse lawsuit take?
These are all typical questions that, unfortunately, can have complex answers. Every case of Miami nursing home abuse is different. That’s why a conversation with an experienced lawyer can help you determine what to do.
How can we help?
Our attorneys are dedicated to listening to your story, answering your questions and then providing the appropriate legal advice based on the information you provide to us. We offer free, in-depth case reviews for anyone who has questions about a nursing home injury claim.
If we can be of service, please call our law firm today at 305-670-0101 or fill out the contact form on the right hand side of this page for an immediate reply.